Sunday, October 10, 2010

Wouldn't want to miss posting on 10/10/10 ... also a weekend for the worldwide observation of John Lennon's birthday (he'd have been 70 this year.) It made me remember Jaron, Chi-Sing and I returning home from Norfolk in a daze of sorrow on December 9, 1980, and the interview with John and Yoko being broadcast on the rapidly-fading station as we drove away from town ... the last interview he gave before being murdered on his doorstep ... thanks to the internet, Google and Youtube, I'm taking the opportunity to listen once again, to see if it strikes me at all the same way today as it did then ...

The part that I remember so much were their remarks about (what I would now call) the biochemistry of thought and how all thought has a biochemical aspect and thus an organic presence in the world which might manifest as an electrical wave or what have you ... and that therefore, if the world is full of people thinking predominantly ugly, violent, warlike or hurtful thoughts, that comes to have a physical presence in the world and a measurable effect in the physical world ... and so, logically, if the majority of people in the world were thinking mostly loving, peace-filled, harmonious thoughts, then that, too, would manifest physically in the world ... it's a bit like these people today who believe you can get what you want by visualizing it ... combined with TM ...

By Part 11, we're getting there, to the talk of being positive, to having survived the bad stuff of the 60s and 70s ... then veers off a bit ... I've worked my way up to Pt. 13 and still haven't heard the bit I'm after ... but there's more ...

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home